Total Pageviews

Monday, July 28, 2008

I have a new little friend

My new little friend is Gostavo. We met him when me and mom were walking down the street. He is only two and when we walked by his house the first time he was shy and wouldn't even say hello. But when we got down the block, he started yelling, "Menino, vai" which means little boy, come. Well, we waved at him and kept walking to the paderia. While we were there I bought him a chocolate candy and when we walked back by I gave it to him. Then he wanted to talk and play. So, we went home and got some toys and then went back and played with Gostavo. Me, mom and dad went back down there and mom and dad ate cake and drank coffee with Go's parents. Go's dad speaks just a little bit of English so he could help mom and dad when they didn't know a Portuguese word. Me and mom got a chance to go back down to their house and visit for several days in a row for several hours at a time. Go's mom has been off on vacation from work so we have been able to play more but soon she will go back to work and he and I will both go back to school after our July vacation. He is a nice boy and I have had fun sharing rides on his bike and playing in his backyard. I think mom has enjoyed getting help with her Portuguese homework too.

1 comment:

paul and mackenzie said...

Hey Preston, Great to see you've made some new friends. We sure do miss you guys and I hope you keep sharing the love of Jesus with all your friends. You inspire me.
Kneepit